What Jobs Can You Get With a Digital Marketing Degree?
When it comes to finding a job in the digital age, having a degree in digital marketing is becoming increasingly important.
With a degree in this field, you can qualify for many high-paying, in-demand jobs that are only going to become more prevalent in the years to come.
Not only is this type of degree versatile and applicable to a wide range of industries, but it also provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in an array of different industries.
With technology evolving and the majority of business happening online, industry trends like the ones found in our 2022 Salary Guide show that the need for expert digital marketing talent is on the rise.
So, if you’re thinking about making a career change or advancing your current career, a degree and role in digital marketing may be the right move.
10 jobs you can get with a digital marketing degree:
1. Digital Marketing Managers & Directors
Digital Marketing Managers & Directors are responsible for planning, executing, and measuring the digital marketing campaigns for their organization.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to have a deep understanding of how digital marketing works, be up-to-date on the latest trends and strategies and have experience managing a team.
- Digital Marketing Managers & Directors Top Salary: $120,000
- Digital Marketing Managers & Directors Salary Range: $75,000-$120,000
2. Content Managers & Strategists
Content Managers & Strategists are in high demand because they develop and oversee the content strategy for their organization. This includes everything from blog posts and social media to eBooks and webinars.
Those who find the most success in this role have excellent writing skills, are highly organized and are able to think creatively about how to promote the organization’s products or services.
- Content Managers & Strategists Top Salary: $120,000
- Content Managers & Strategists Salary Range: $75,000-$120,000
3. Email Marketing Specialist
Email Marketing Specialists play an important role in business growth as they are responsible for executing email marketing campaigns. This includes creating and managing email lists, designing and coding emails, and analyzing the results of the campaigns.
Necessary skills to be successful in this role are experience with Email Marketing software, being detail-oriented, and having strong writing skills.
- Email Marketing Specialist Top Salary: $130,000
- Email Marketing Specialist Salary Range: $100,000-$130,000
4. SEO/SEM Specialists
SEO/SEM Specialists are one of the fastest-growing roles in digital marketing and for good reason. They are responsible for optimizing the website for search engines and driving traffic to the site through paid and organic means.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a strong understanding of how search engines work, be up-to-date on the latest trends and algorithms, and have experience with SEO/SEM tools like Google Analytics and SEMRush.
- SEO/SEM Specialists Top Salary: $125,000
- SEO/SEM Specialists Salary Range: $100,000-$125,000
5. Digital Marketing Analysts
Digital Marketing Analysts make the list because experts who are highly numbers-driven can be hard to come by. They are responsible for analyzing the data from digital marketing campaigns and providing insights and recommendations based on their findings.
The best digital marketing analysts have experience with data analysis tools like Google Analytics and Excel, are able to think critically about data, and have excellent communication skills.
- Digital Marketing Analysts Top Salary: $135,000
- Digital Marketing Analysts Salary Range: $85,000-$135,000
6. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialists
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialists are in high demand because they help organizations automate tasks and make more informed decisions. They are responsible for developing and implementing AI solutions, training and testing models, and analyzing data.
To be successful in this role, you need to have experience with AI tools like TensorFlow and Scikit Learn, be able to code in languages like Python and R, and have experience with data analysis.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialists Top Salary: $250,000
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialists Salary Range: $135,000-$250,000
7. UX Designer
UX Designers make the list because they help organizations create websites and apps that are user-friendly — which means return users and repeat customers. They are responsible for designing the overall user experience, conducting user research, and creating prototypes.
UX Designers who are the most successful in this role, need to have experience with UX design tools like Adobe XD and Sketch, code in HTML/CSS, and be able to put themselves in the shoes of the end user.
- UX Designer Top Salary: $150,000
- UX Designer Salary Range: $80,000-$150,000
8. Front-End & Back-End Web Developers
Front-End & Back-End Web Developers are responsible for building and maintaining websites. They are responsible for designing and coding the front-end and back-end of websites, as well as testing and debugging code.
- Front-End & Back-End Web Developers Top Salary: $180,000
- Front-End & Back-End Web Developers Salary Range: $65,000-$180,000
9. Virtual Reality Developers
Virtual Reality Developers are becoming increasingly in demand because they help organizations create immersive experiences as companies try to continue to innovate and meet their customers where they’re at in the quickly evolving tech landscape. They are responsible for designing and coding virtual reality applications, as well as testing and debugging code.
To be successful in this role, you need to have experience with virtual reality development tools like Unity and Amazon Sumerian, be able to code in multiple programming languages, and take a vision all the way from conception to implementation.
- Virtual Reality Developers Top Salary: $170,000
- Virtual Reality Developers Salary Range: $110,000-$170,000
10. eCommerce Manager
eCommerce Managers continue to be in high demand as they help everyone from small online shops to large organizations manage their online stores. They are responsible for overseeing the entire eCommerce operation, from a website’s product layout to customer service and order fulfillment.
To be successful in this role, you need to have experience with eCommerce platforms like Shopify and Wix eCommerce, be highly organized, and have excellent project management skills.
- eCommerce Manager Top Salary: $130,000
- eCommerce Manager Salary Range: $110,000-$130,000
Finding a job with a digital marketing degree
Finding a job with a digital marketing degree is not only possible but well within reach.
With the right skills and experience, you can get a high-paying, in-demand job in the field of digital marketing.
There are many different types of jobs available to those with a digital marketing degree or specialty, so be sure to do your research and find the one that’s right for you!
Looking for your next Digital Marketing gig? Let us help.
Every year, Mondo helps over 2,000 candidates find jobs they love.
- Good News for Gen Z: The Job Market is Looking Better
- Highest Paid Social Media Jobs & Top Salaries
- How The Great Resignation Has Changed Staffing Forever
- These 7 Organizations Support LGBTQ+ Tech Workers